Freeride is a sport practiced off-piste in all ski resorts. More and more known since these last years and in particular via international competitions such as the mythical Freeride World Tour, this sport is exclusively addressed to confirmed skiers, in search of strong sensations, in the great snowy spaces, untouched by any tracks. This type of skiing requires a perfect knowledge of safety measures in the natural mountain environment. There is no secret, a successful and safe off-piste outing requires a good preparation!
The main elements covered during the course :
- Equipment, snow and avalanche
- Information and tips for planning a ski touring or freeride trip
- Interpretation of the avalanche risk report.
- Use of the risk assessment method
- How to behave in case of an avalanche
- Intensive training in the search for victims
- Basics of the modern risk management method
- Freeride trip with a mountain guide
Our high mountain guides have designed this safety course for free-ride or off-piste outings, in partnership with the ORTOVOX brand, which will allow you to test the equipment.
Level required for this course: Level 1 - Beginner
Any doubts about your level in ski touring or off-piste skiing? Check out our page for all the detailed information from the office guides.
Our other safety courses :