Learn more on via ferrata
Where to go for a first Via Ferrat in Annecy with your family?
In the Bauges massif, a new course was born at the top of the Sambuy ski resort: "La Cordée des Dahuts", a relatively short route but easy access thanks to the ski lift (chairlift) and the footpath Access particularly suitable for families and children.
It is a free access course with little difference in altitude where it is necessary to have the complete equipment.
How to practice via ferrata safely?
Via ferrates allow access to verticality without climbing. They take place in a mountain and alpine setting, our guides are there to accompany you but also to teach you safety instructions. Some discover the mountain as well and never leave it!
A day or half day?
They can be climbed on a day or a half-day, from 2 to 5 people. The introductory via for beginners and children are accessible from 7 years, the courses are fun with ziplines, bridges and ladders; the approach walk takes place on a comfortable and child-friendly path.
We recommend this activity in the morning to enjoy the coolness; in the afternoon you can cool off in the fresh water of the lake or under waterfalls during a canyoning outing.
What specific hardware for via ferrata?
The safety equipment (harness or harness, absorbent lanyard with absorber, carabiners, helmet and pulley for zip line, and gloves) are provided by us, this material is essential to evolve safely.
In addition to these precautions guides will tie you, to ensure you in difficult passages.
Do not hesitate to take a small backpack with a water bottle and enough food, obviously if you feel like we can organize a picnic at the top!
In the mountains the weather changes quickly and the temperatures too, provide you with a windbreaker jacket or a fleece even in summer.
If you want to practice this activity alone without a monitor you will find shops for the rental of equipment in the villages of Thônes and La Clusaz.
To know about via ferrata with a guide
- In any case, it is important to discuss your mountain experience and fitness with your guide honestly; as professionals we will adapt and propose a race that suits you.
- Via ferrata is an alternative activity to adventure park and climbing. Steps and steps are installed on the rock and cliff to allow you to evolve using a self-insurance system with a lifeline. It is not mountaineering, and it is also possible during the ascent to take a few breaks on banks or caves during the course.
- In case of problems the presence of loopholes will allow you to leave the course half way, otherwise it will be necessary to go down by making reminders on rope, which can become complicated in group. The best thing is to keep a margin of safety with your level and to respect the quotation.
- 3 sites via via ferrate are accessible a few minutes from Annecy: The Via Ferrate of Jalouvre, Via Ferrata Thônes, Via Ferrata La Clusaz.
- Every day during the summer, guides and instructors from the guides' office propose you to discover these routes in Savoie Mont Blanc and Haute-Savoie.
- It takes a minimum of physical conditions to be able to hoist along the cables with the help of his feet, we recommend to bring you good hiking shoes or very good sneakers.
- If you are a beginner, let your guide know which will advise you on an adapted course.
Learn more about the practice of via ferrata:
Consult the topos and comments of users on via ferrata .net the reference site on via ferrata in France.
You can also consult the website of the manufacturer Petzl with the advice and specifications of all the specific equipment for the practice of via ferrata
Other activites :
Canyoning in Annecy: The Grande Cascade d'Angon (Go down this spectacular gorge waterfall)!
Ski touring in the Aravis Massif
Climbing course for children
Via ferrata stay in the Dolomites